A Reusable Food Wrap You Can DIY in 5 Minutes

I try my hardest to reduce my single-use waste. Some switches are easier than others: I always carry shopping totes while running errands; I have an impressive stockpile of reusable straws; and I bring a water bottle or travel cup with me whenever I can. I’m not perfect by any means, though, and when it comes to being environmentally conscious, there are a lot of areas I still need to work on.

One of these was food storage. I grew up in a household where plastic baggies and cling wrap reigned supreme. Lunchtime snacks, baked goods, and dinner leftovers all found themselves enrobed in some manner of single-use plastic, but for my family and lots of others, this was totally par for the course. In 2020, we’re more educated consumers; plus, living on my own has allowed me to adopt more thoughtful habits. While I once readily reached for a roll of plastic wrap, now I haven’t bought a new one in months.

Read More >>



from Food52 https://ift.tt/2HaJWuE

Post a Comment

0 Comments