16 Easy Baking Recipes for the 'Non-Bakers' Among Us

Like many, at the start of this sheltering-in-place experience, I had grand ambitions for my weekday cooking and baking. I'd lovingly nurture my sourdough starter each morning; mise all the ingredients for an exquisite salad or tartine for lunch; stop work in the evening and craft a stick-to-my-ribs dinner, accompanied by NPR and a glass of Sangiovese; while dinner cooked, I'd stir up a cake batter or cookie dough to bake and enjoy, still warm, while curling up with The Sopranos.

Two weeks days in, reality looked much different. My sourdough starter soon released "hooch" and, later, grew a concerning film of mold. Lunch was usually a piece of cheese toast and a fried egg, prepared at the tail end of my 12 p.m. meeting when "my internet went funny" and I "had to" turn my video off. Dinners went from complicated to pasta to takeout pretty rapidly.

Read More >>



from Food52 https://ift.tt/30q7P7i

Post a Comment

0 Comments